Latest News: January 2013
Why choose BOUNDLESS to improve your health so you can get back to enjoying sports, gardening, grandchildren . . . life?!
1. Dr. Bunyak’s more than 10 years of experience are built upon the best medical education and traning: Yale College (#1 college at the time), University of Pennsylvania Medical School (#3 medical school), NIH Research Scholar Fellowship (24 scholars nationwide), Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago residency (#1 residency in the country for physical medicine), sports and spine fellowship training (upon completion she founded and became the director of the spine center at Kaiser Permanente in Fremont, CA).
2. Dr. Bunyak is quadruple board certified. This really differentiates her and her approach. Whereas most physicians are certified in one type of medicine (and the rare physician might be a member of two boards), she is a member of four national medical boards: Sport Medicine, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Pain Medicine, and Holistic Medicine. No other practitioner can offer her unique mix of superior training and extensive medical knowledge and experience across four medical boards. As a result, she always provides to her patients the most comprehensive assessment of options for healing.
3. Trained as a physiatrist, she has the deepest knowledge of the neuromusculoskeletal system and the body. She understands that the body’s functional health is typically determined by soft tissues–nerves, joints, tendons, ligaments–rather than bones. As such, she can use her years of experience with ultrasound-informed diagnosis to truly–finally!–figure out your physical limitation. No more being passed along from one specialist to another . . . to another to get a diagnosis.
4. Some physicians can seem like a hammer looking for a nail–for example, over 90% of the time when faced with a back, sports, joint, or arthritis challenge, surgery is not indicated as the best course of action. Dr. Bunyak emphasizes patients over procedures. She is famous for her bedside manner and ability to speak to patients in plain English–each visit provides an enlightening medical education about your body’s capabilities and possibilities. She takes the time to really listen to her patients and her testimonials page shows that her treatment results speak for themselves.
5. A fifth reason to choose BOUNDLESS is that Dr. Bunyak references the latest research (see her research page) and applies the most innovative technologies and procedures to get you back to the life you are hoping to live. Evidence-based procedures such as platelet-rich plasma, prolotherapy, and therapeutic laser make her the best choice for sports and spine medicine with a holistic perspective in San Diego County and beyond (several of her patients fly in regularly from Las Vegas to see her).
She looks forward to meeting you.
–Written by a professional colleague.
Dr. Bunyak recently returned from the leading annual conference in regenerative medicine. Check out the Research page for newly posted articles on PRP (platelet-rich plasma) and prolotherapy for knee arthritis. Call the office or visit to learn more about some of the innovative therapies Dr. Bunyak is offering to keep you feeling BOUNDLESS. She provides San Diego patients a superior option for innovative physical medicine.
December and January are a great time to visit BOUNDLESS to help you feel your best for the holidays and to kick off those New Year’s resolutions. Call for an appointment today: 760-632-1090.
Be sure to visit our patient testimonials page to read comments such as these about the care Dr. Bunyak provides: “There are not adequate words to thank you for what I feel in my heart, my mind, and my body. I have my life back! Each day is so very special. How do you find the words to begin to thank you for that? I could not have been more pleased with your personal sensitivity, patience, and professional skill. Since knowing you, I am feeling so optimistic for the first time in a very long time. Thank you so many times over!” L.M.
BOUNDLESS is pleased to welcome two new patient care professionals to the office. Alicia R. will be starting in the front office this Friday and Leigh N.M. will be working in the back office with Dr. Bunyak beginning a week from Monday. Watch this space for their professional bios to be posted early next week and drop by the office soon to say hello!
Dr. Bunyak is pleased to announce she is now quadruple board certified, having become a diplomate in sports medicine. She is also board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation, pain management, and holistic medicine.
Don’t miss Dr. Bunyak’s article on Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy in San Diego.
Dear Boundless Community,
Thank you to all the San Diego seniors and athletes who attended our latest installment of the free monthly BOUNDLESS movement series, yoga, on June 8 at the Encinitas Community Center. It was nice to see you.
In the next few months, I’ll be giving an overview of sports medicine to serious and weekend athletes alike. Watch this space for more info coming soon.
Yoga for Low Back Pain
A recent article in Clinical Rheumatology reviewed all the high-quality studies on Yoga as a treatment option for low back pain to date. The majority of the studies showed that Yoga is significantly better than usual care, education, and conventional therapeutic exercises in reducing lower back pain.
Many of my patients have asked about starting a yoga practice without increasing the risk of injury. Unless you are a seasoned yoga practitioner, my advice is to start with an instructor who is experienced in working with students who have chronic injuries and back pain or, if unavailable, with a gentle yoga class. If you are interested in exploring this healing movement practice, come to the free introductory yoga class Wednesday, June 8, or contact my office.